We've been hard at work in the house lately. With Josh out of school, he's been spending most days there. He has been working on the tile while I've been building closets. I have really enjoyed being creative while creating storage space at the same time. I have 3 closets left and now that I've got the hang of it, things should go fast. Here is a peak at what we've been working on.
These shelves are in the laundry room behind the pantry. I've made them big enough to hold laundry baskets. I am very excited about that.

This is the coat closet, the top shelf is for storage and the bottom shelf will hold the receiver and amplifier for our whole house speaker system. The wires coming out of the wall on the left are coming from the speakers all over the house. Can't wait to hear that.


This is the North bedroom. This closet looks exactly like the way the South bedroom closet and Josh's closet will look. I am really excited with how this one turned out, only the other 2 will have an extra cubby at the bottom. I had a small measuring mishap so this closet has one less.
This is the hall linen closet. I love all of the storage. I made these big enough to hold toilet paper stacked 3 high. I really did my research before building all of these closets.
Josh has been furiously working on the tile in the house. It looks so good. I can't wait to get the cabinets in and see how it all looks together.
This is the bathroom tile in the boys bathroom. Josh picked it out and we really like it.
Here is the beginning of the dining and kitchen tile. I love the diagonal.
This is what we finished the other day. We did all of the tiles that didn't need to be cut first and then we'll come back and do the cut tiles this week. I am so excited about the way this pattern looks. It's going to be great.
And sweet little Coby. Our friends, Cole and Liz, were watching him the other day and after I picked him up, I thought I'd try to come back and help Josh finish the tile. So, we brought the pac-n-play in and put Cobes in it. He did really well and didn't do much complaining. He played with garbage and tile spacers while he was in there. Then after a while, he got to go play with his friend Henry for the last little bit. Thanks to Brittany







6 comments:
That looks really good!!! i am way excited for you guys!! and a little jealous getting a brand new house!!
Hey guys,
I love reading all your updates and looking at all your pictures. It's so fun to see your house and everything else you're up too. I loved the shaving the hair video. It reminded me of my boys. We're going to the reunion. I'm hoping Sterling can come with us this year. It all depends on if they get done with everything and Sterling's dad. So, we'll see. We may fly him down. Soooo, excited to see you! Have fun and good luck with all the house stuff, it's looking great! :)
It's looking so great. LOVE what you're doing with the closets!
Loving it!!! I am so excited for you guys and jealous as well! In about 40 years when I can finally afford a house of my own, I know who I'm calling to help with all the labor!!!
I'm headed down your way (hopefully!) in the next couple of weeks. Maybe we can stop by and say hi!
You always could do just about anything. You will cease to amaze me. Good luck finishing up!
Okay...confession, comment and question...
Firstly...I was coming to check out your walls because Bart was asking what kind of texture we wanted and I noticed your sketch book. I picked it up because Henry was about to ruin it and I couldn't help but peak...(I figured you would do the same and wouldn't mind.) Amazing how much thought you have put into your closets. I may steal some of your ideas...and bytheway I stuck the book up into the closet so Henry couldn't reach it while I looked around.
Your closets and tile look amazing!
And...I have not yet decided what to do with my laundry room space (behind the fridge) and I was wondering if you are planning on putting clean laundry into those baskets or if you're sorting luandry there or what?
Post a Comment