Memorial Day weekend was full of excitement. Besides working on the house and buying all of our appliances, we spent some great time together. Ahh, it's nice to see Josh more now that school is out. Now that we have Matthew here, he gets to enjoy all of the small town fun too. Friday and Saturday before Memorial Day was Scandinavian Days in Ephraim. Also known as "Little Denmark". Friday night we took Matthew and the boys to the Scandinavian dinner. We had a HUGE plate of food and we got to try a bunch of new stuff. Then Saturday, we went to the parade and enjoyed lunch on the lawn while we listened to the live band that was playing.
Here we all are in the RAIN at the parade. Coby, Kaleb, Josh, Mollie, Uncle Matthew and Talon.

Of course, the first thing the kids went for was the water running down the gutter. Classic picture. At one point before the parade started, there were 9 boys standing in a line in front of the gutter.


Talon and Kaleb waiting to catch some candy in their bags.
After Scandinavian Days, we headed to Heber City to see Thomas the Train. Our good friend John gave us the tickets. Wasn't that SO nice? The kids had a blast at the little petting corner, eating cotton candy, listening to music, and of course, riding the train.
While we waited for our turn to ride Thomas, we checked out a little petting corner they had set up. They had about 4 small ponies to pet and this baby camel that was SO sweet. He would just stand there and let you pet him. His hair was very soft too. Kaleb really liked this. He loves animals.
Talon and Kaleb watching the lady feed the baby camel.
Coby's turn. He thought that was great. I can't remember, but I'm sure he was barking the whole time. He thinks everything is a dog. Tal and Kaleb are watching Coby pet the camel. So cute!!
Me and my boys.
Finally it was our turn to ride. The kids had a blast. Even Coby sat on my lap fairly quietly the whole time we rode. I think they really enjoyed it.
Kaleb and Talon with Thomas chugging toward them in the background.
All of us on the train. Lynne (Grandma), Josh, Coby, Mollie, Kaleb, Talon and Uncle Matthew.
Me and Coby.
Uncle Matthew liked it too.
Coby and Grandma.















3 comments:
We made a quick trip to Ephraim on Saturday with Max and Pegs to decorate Max's parents graves. I thought about you as we drove through. Is your house visible from the main road? I saw some new houses as we drove home and I wondered if one of them was yours. Anyway... we didn't stay long, but it made me miss you guys and wish we had more time.
Oh, I miss Alta Lynne!!! You'll have to tell her hi for me! That EMT class was one of the best experiences and classes I've ever had! She sure looked out for a few of us!
I have always wanted to take ethan on the thomas ride. It looks like you had a great time!!!!!!
Post a Comment