Friday, October 16, 2009

Our Festive Home

I have had so much fun decorating the house this year. I'm sure it's because we have a new house, but it's also because the kids are starting to get really excited about holidays now that they are getting older. We went to the pumpkin patch the other day and when we went, I already had plans in mind for the front of the house. I pulled all of the dead flowers out of my pots and picked pumpkins, that I think are just the right size, to go in them. We got corn stalks from Mom and Dad and picked up a mini bale of straw and some smaller pumpkins for the porch. I love the way the house looks when you pull up...especially at night. It's going to be fun to see how it looks when the pumpkins are carved and lit for Halloween!

The front of our new house. Decorated for Halloween.
The other thing that has been fun is having a plant shelf. I put most of my Halloween decorations up there so the kids couldn't touch them. It's been nice to be able to enjoy them and know that they won't get broken.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Henry was desperately trying to steal the biggest pumpkin after you guys went in tonight. Looks cute.