Thursday, May 28, 2009

House Update

It's been a while since I last posted on the house. Okay, not THAT long, but a lot can happen on a house in a short amount of time.  We now have texture on every wall and ceiling in the house. I can't believe how different it looks with such a small change, but it does. I can't wait to paint it and see how much it will change the house. We also have most of our doors hung, we're still waiting on a few that were wrong. Once the doors are done, we still have all of our flooring (except carpet), our shelving, baseboards and casings left to do before we can even think about painting. But, on the bright side, things are coming along nicely. Check it out!!

I don't have any pictures of the walls completely textured, just these two partially done. This is the living room ceiling.

This picture is the master bedroom partially textured. I love the skip trowel texture. My favorite!!

Here are a couple of pictures of our doors. I really like the style we chose. It's a 2 square panel door. I really like the way it looks and it's different. This is the master bedroom door.

We did swing out closet doors instead of bi-fold, which is going to be really nice. I love the way these look. This is Josh's closet in our room.

And...this is the pantry door. I know, doesn't get any more boring than looking at pictures of doors, but we're proud of ourselves for all that we've done. By the way, Josh and our new neighbor Tim hung all of these doors. They did great!!

The most recent changes to the outside of the house are the dirt in the front yard and the rock on the front. We had some trauma with the rock. It was supposed to be dry stack rock (with no grout) but the rock guys put it on to have grout lines. We ended up buying black dye so that it would match better and I think it looks okay. It just looks like brick only made with rock.  

Here is Kaleb enjoying the dirt pile before they spread it out.

Cute little mug!! He just can't pass up a pile of dirt. Especially when there are plenty of dirt clods to fill little hands and pockets.

This is the front of the house after they spread the dirt around and smoothed it out. Looks so much better. The rock in this picture is in progress...no grout yet.

This is the finished product. Doesn't look too bad I don't think. Hopefully we can find a color to go well for the stucco. It's really hard to know what color your rock is going to be when all you have to look at is a 2x2 picture.  

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Looking good!

Amberly said...

It won't be much longer now! How fun! I still remember how exciting it is to look forward to getting in a new house.

Cam & Nat said...

its coming along great!!! Cant wait to come over to see it in real life!!