Thursday, August 27, 2009

USU, A Birthday and a Bit of Grass

Every year Josh and I get invited to play in the Alumni band concert and every year, we say we should go. Well, this year we did. We figured since my parents were in town and Josh's parents are close and my cousin now lives here that we'd have enough hands to keep the kids entertained while we played. Our families did a great job with the kids and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was fun to go back to Logan and see places that brought back fond memories of the first 2 years of our marriage.

I am in this picture, only I'm a bit hidden. You can see the top of my bassoon sticking out of the band though.
There's Josh...playing his trumpet.
This year my birthday was a treat. I got to spend it with family as usual, but my Mom and Dad were here to celebrate too. It's been a while since my Mom made me a birthday cake and I quite enjoyed it. Thanks Mom!!
Kaleb and I getting ready to blow out the candles.
Everyone is excited to eat Nana's cake.
Well, we moved into our house on August 5th and just about a week later, we were ready to put in the yard. I don't know how people go years without grass. That 1 week about killed me with the dirt. There were 5 houses on the block that needed at least 1500 square feet of lawn, so with all of us put together, we ordered around 20,000 sq. ft. Since we needed so much, we got a really great deal on the lawn. We were all so excited to be able to have an instant yard.

Here's the house before we started the front yard.
Mom and Dad came down to help us with the grass. A few different neighbors and some of their family also helped. We were sure glad to have the help too. Here is Dad taking a sod roll to it's assigned spot in the yard. Notice how good Cole and Liz's yard looks over there. Ahh...it's going to be so nice.
Here we all are working on the side yard between our house and the Young's.
Our backyard. Looking good. Talon is already enjoying it.
Cole, not doing much of anything. J/K. I'm sure he was just getting ready to go get another sod roll. His brother-in-law is in the red shirt. He and his family came to help Liz and Cole, and ended up helping us too. Thanks guys!! The help was greatly appreciated.
Dad, Liz and Cole. Arms full!
Coby could care less that there is grass on the ground. He'd still rather sit in the dirt.
Sprinklers on for the first time. The grass looks SO good.
Front yard done. YIPEE!!!
Dad, Josh and I checking things out.

2 comments:

Cam & Nat said...

it looks so awesome!!! good job guys!!!

brittany said...

wow! That looks like a lot of work, but the yard looks great.