Friday, June 12, 2009

One Eventful Morning

This morning has been quite interesting. I was trying to find a baby sitter this morning when Kaleb fell off the couch. Nothing out of the ordinary, I tell the kids just about everyday to stop jumping on the couch. He was crying, so I walked over and sat him on the couch and told him that's what happens when we jump on the couch...then I noticed his arm. Yup! Broken!! So we went to the hospital to confirm it. He broke the ulna and is now in a splint. We will go to Provo on Tuesday to have it casted as soon as the swelling goes down. Little Kaleb was SO good. He barely cried. The man in the stall next to us cried more about a couple of shots than Kaleb did about his broken arm.  

I took this pic when we got to the hospital.

Me and Kaleb waiting in the ER to get his arm x-rayed. That lip stuck out for quite a while, but he didn't cry.

There's the x-ray. Obviously broken.

Here is Kaleb at home. Just trying to stay comfy and keeping some ice on his arm.

So, while we were at the hospital, the receptionist came in and said that Josh was on the phone. He called because while we were there, Talon crashed on his bike and Josh thought he may have broken his nose. So, Grandpa stayed with Coby and Josh took Talon to the doctor so they could check it out. We are really keeping the medical professionals in business today.

Diagnosis...not broken, but sure swollen. Poor Tal.

8 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. What a day. I hope everyone starts feeling better.

Kristi said...

I was seriously going to write the exact same thing as the person above me. So diddo that!! And good luck with the healing Kaleb!!!

Abs and Me said...

Ditto to the previous two! Sorry to hear it Mollie and Josh. I hope they both get feeling better and heal quickly! and I hope you two manage to get some rest in the process as well (especially tonight!). Good luck!

Danielle said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

So sad! I hope everyone heals up quickly. I bet that was hard to watch your little guys go through. :(

Niel said...

Ohhh...those are the saddest pictures ever. I hate to see kids in pain. Such a cute little sad face on Kaleb though.

Niel said...

okay....I didn't realize I am signed in as Niel...you can probably tell it's me though. Oops!

Shan Reid said...

When it rains it pours... what brave boys!