Sunday, June 14, 2009

100th Post

Wow, 100 posts!! I can't believe I have done that many already. So, this next one is about the house...big surprise. Josh and I are SO close to being done with the tile. We stayed up until 1:00am last night finishing our bathroom floor. We ran out of mastic for the shower walls yesterday afternoon, so we'll be finishing that this week. I can't wait to be done tiling so we can REALLY start the finish work. Here are a few pics of our tile.

This picture is looking through the dining room into the kitchen. A picture you've seen many time, only this time, the tile is done...minus the grout. I am really glad we did the diamond pattern. We almost chickened out after the first 4 tiles, but now I'm so happy with the way it looks. Love it!!

This picture was taken from the door to the garage, through the laundry room and into the kitchen. We used a smaller and little bit darker tile in here and used some cute 2x2 tiles to break up the different tile in the threshold. I love the little tiles. I'm so happy with the way this turned out.

Here is our bathroom floor, including spacers. It is the same tile as the laundry room.
And finally...the shower. We used the same tile as the floor, and the same 2x2 tiles as in the threshold between the laundry room and kitchen. This is as far as we got before we ran out of "poop" as Josh would say. There will be another row of the regular wall tile on top of the decorative tile when we are all done. Ooohhh!!! I can't wait to see it.

4 comments:

Shan Reid said...

I love your tile... especially the little 2x2 border... you guys are so talented!

Stephanie said...

Hey guys! I found you through the Madsens. The tile looks awesome, I bet you can't wait!

Amberly said...

Looking good!! I'm so sorry to hear about Caleb's arm!! Poor little bubba!

Unknown said...

Love your tile. I'm soooooo jealous! We have been remodeling for the same amount of time you've been building. You're almost finished. Us—not even remotely close. UGH!