We have started our house!! On Friday afternoon, they delivered our lumber package, so Saturday morning, we started building. It's amazing how much goes into building a house. There is a lot to do before you can even start putting the first wall together, so we didn't get very far. We did get the house laid out and chalked, the green-plate on, and we got the bearing walls built in the basement. Next thing to do is get the floor joists cut and put in place. Hopefully Monday we'll get at least that far. Here are some pics from our Saturday adventures in building.
Our lumber package with our name on it!!

Getting the first wall in the basement laid out.




5 comments:
That is so exciting!!! what a stressful ordeal you guys are going to have, but the final result will be well worth it!
Sarah
Yea for you guys!! THat is so awesome! It's coming along!!
Yeah!!! How fun! Let me know if you ever need help.
Mollie and Josh! I'm so excited I found your blog! I found it through a long chain of blogs that I'm not even sure I remember, but I'm sooooo excited. I was just thinking about you guys the other day wondering how you were. It's so great you're building a house. We just bought one in Cedar finally and it's so much fun. I'm adding you to my blog list, and please feel free to do the same. I'm so glad I found you.
And hey... this is my email... will you send me your address so I can put you on our mailing list?
shannonsfamily@msn.com
You guys look great!
Post a Comment