Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pheasants

Our neighbor Zach shot a couple of pheasants the other day and when we found out that he hadn't taken the meat yet, we thought our kids would like to watch. So we took them out to see just how you get the breast meat out of a bird. I know it sounds gruesome, but it wasn't. Besides, the kids had already watched Zach clean some fish he caught this summer, so we thought it would be okay. While we were standing there talking Kaleb kept saying, "hold it, hold it". So Zach let him hold the bird. It was so funny. He grabbed the thing by the neck and carried it all over the porch. He really thought that was great. Then after he was done, we got to have a little pheasant anatomy lesson.

Kaleb and the pheasant.

Zach showing the kids the pretty feathers. Brady, our neighbor, ended up taking a few of the feathers home in a bag and making an Indian hat out of them. It was so cute!!

2 comments:

Cam & Nat said...

That's so awesome!!! have you ever ate phesant?? Not my favorite! I have only had the chance to eat it once and wasn't very impressed. Cam thinks I am so wierd.

Amberly said...

Wow, you are such a fun mom, way more than I am! I can't imagine letting my kids tote a dead bird around!