Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kaleb's Birthday and the Perfect Cake

Kaleb's birthday was last Friday, January 15th. We celebrated with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Hailee (Uncle Chet was on the computer watching) and Uncle Matthew. It was so much fun. Spaghetti was Kaleb's dinner of choice and we had garlic bread and salad to go with it. Right after dinner he was ready for cake. Yes, that's right. He wanted cake before presents. Crazy kid! So, I reluctantly brought out the cake. You heard me right. I made the perfect cake on Monday for Grandma's birthday. Kaleb's cake was far from it. You'll get a good chuckle at the pictures, but the thing that made me forget how ugly it was, was Kaleb's face. He was so excited to be celebrating his birthday and to have everyone sing to him. It was the cutest thing. Happy Birthday Kaleb buddy We love you!!

About a week before Kaleb's birthday, Talon drew this picture for him and wanted to hang it on the front door. It's a pic of Kaleb, complete with a birthday crown. I told Tal we should wait until his actual birthday to hang it outside so it didn't get ruined. So he waited a week and first thing Friday morning, Tal was asking me to open the door so he could put Kaleb's picture out. What a nice brother.

Alright...here they are...the pictures of the not-so-perfect cake. I can't believe the it turned out this bad after how beautiful my mother-in-law's cake was on Monday. I did what I could with what I had, and in the end it tasted just as good as any other cake. Laugh all you want...we did!!



It looks a little better with the writing, sprinkles and candles. They cover up some of the mess.

Look at this precious face. He was so excited. What a sweetheart!
Blowing out the candles.

Kaleb also wanted to help me cut the cake. What a helper.
Mmmm...delicious!
Coby enjoyed it too!
Opening gifts.
A package of his own gum from Uncle Matthew.
Talon got a Leapster for Christmas that Kaleb was playing all the time, so we got him his own.
Let's go fishing from Uncle Chet and Aunt Hailee.
Grandma and Grandpa got him a TeckDeck half pipe and some skater dudes. He LOVES it and plays it all the time.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Okay, the cake made me chuckle. Loved it, but it was still a sweet piece of art though lady! Kaleb is so cute.

Danielle said...

Wow - you did some major posting! I'm so glad you did - I love looking at your pictures. Your family is adorable and your new house is beautiful. Looks like Christmas, New Years and Birthdays were all fabulous at your house - Happy 2010!

Jenny said...

LOVED the cake...it had character!