Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Tree and Sugar Cookies

This year we decorated the tree for Family Home Evening and let the boys help. I'm sold!! The tree was decorated in about 7 minutes FLAT! Josh took care of the top half and the boys did the bottom. I think it looks pretty good and since it gets re-decorated everyday...no need to be fussy about the way the ornaments went on.

Here are the boys hard at work!
All done! Mollie, Kaleb, Talon, Josh and Coby
Talon and Kaleb...so proud.

Coby, Talon and Kaleb. They were quite excited to put up the tree and help with the decorations.
After we decorated the tree (and put Coby to bed) Talon, Kaleb and I made sugar cookies. You have to have a treat right? They were good helpers and of course, they loved using the cookie cutters.

Kaleb and Talon

Mmmm...enjoying his cookie.
Talon wanted to cut out more cookies than he wanted to eat.

Kaleb was looking for "his" snowman cookie and watching it bake.
There were about 4 snowmen in this batch, so I pointed out which one was his and we watched it bake.
Tal...still cutting out cookies.
Kaleb...still eating cookies...3 at a time!
Nothing better than cookies in milk!

5 comments:

Hailee and Chet said...

Yummy how fun is that I love your tree:) And i love all of you:)

Britt said...

Your kids will eat sugar cookies without frosting? That would make it a little easier to do with kids. Too bad the only reason my kids want sugar cookies is for the frosting. Your tree looks great, along with all your other festive decorations.

Marci said...

Merry Christmas and I love your new family picture!

Brittney said...

Love Christmas with the little ones! Hey can you send me over your new address? Thanks!
brittney_otte@hotmail.com

Andrew said...

So fun! And only 7 minutes? Im sold too! I put my mom's tree together for her this year...4 hours...