Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We're Getting There

Things are really moving now. Between cabinets, plumbing, heating, and stucco, we're really getting there now. We got all of our cabinets last week and, except for the kitchen handles, they are done. I LOVE the way they look. They are just what I wanted.

This is our whole kitchen. Even though it's not that big, we have a TON of storage and plenty of working space. I can't wait to cook in here.
The pantry cupboard. Even though I have a pantry too, I wanted as much storage as I could get. I am very glad we did this.
More kitchen cabinets...including a close-up of the island. The hole to the right is for the fridge.
Laundry room cabinets.

Josh and I standing in the kitchen next to our new fridge. WAHOO!!
Our washer and dryer. I can't wait to use these. I can even wash a king size quilt!
The stove. Dishwasher and microwave are in the boxes behind this.
I have wanted to do horizontal stripes in a room for years and I finally have my chance. This is the wall our bed will go on. Our head board isn't very tall so I have 3 chunky picture frames that my Dad made me last summer that will go on the wall above the bed. You can see one of them in the bottom right corner of the photo. I'm excited to see this room all pulled together with our bed (Dad built that too!) and comforter. I think it will be cute.
And finally...countertops. We found a guy online and got a great deal on these. I never thought we'd be able to have granite, but we do! I really like the way it looks with my cabinets.

I also bought my kitchen sink from the granite guy for a great price. It's just the one I wanted. Elsewhere, it could have cost me up to $600. Luckily, we only paid $150 and it's a 60/40. It's the one I've had my heart set on.
Close up of the granite on top of the island. Another fun thing we got to do with this granite guy was to pick ANY edge we wanted. I love the chiseled edge because it's so different. Kind of fun!!
This is my favorite piece of granite, although the picture doesn't do it justice. This is the sink in the boys' bathroom. It really goes well with the color of the tile on the floor too. It's very different and interesting looking.
Last but not least...we've also been getting our stucco. FINALLY!!! They were supposed to come 3 months ago and they finally showed up on Monday (7/13). When they started our stucco, the color was wrong. We've had a rough time with things being wrong on the outside of our house. However, they fixed it and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color. It seriously couldn't be more perfect. I am excited to see it with the pop outs done (they'll be a taupe color to match the windows) and the exterior doors hung (they are dark brown like the soffit and fascia and garage door). Aaahh...It's a relief to have that done because I really worried about how the color was going to look with the shingles. But it looks great!!!

South side of the house with stucco.
The back (east) side of the house from 1/2 block away.

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

It is so seriously beautiful you guys! Makes me all house hungry :)

Me said...

I love it all, Mol! You did a great job coordinating everything. I love all your choices. Good for you guys doing so much of it yourself & coming out with such a great finished product. or almost. ;)

Amberly said...

It's looking SO good!! I am happy and sad at the same time. I'll be sad when you move away, but I'm happy to see you guys get into a new house. So fun.

Chelsea said...

Finally I get to see the Rasmussens again! I love your house and what you have done with it. The sodded lawn, the granite, the stripes, the cabinets...the whole house looks great! Great choice on the colors and decorations and such. It makes me absolutely jealous to see you guys settling in to your house and loving life! I am also jealous (even though you might think I am kidding) that you guys are in Ephraim. Honestly, my fondest college memories come from Snow College. I look at the pictures of your house and try to see the mountains behind and anything else that reminds me of the good old days. I want to come visit sometime! Great to see you guys! Your boys are super cute!