We've done a lot to the house recently and we are so excited for the progress we've made. We had our wood floor installed for us. The wood is so hard that we decided it would probably be better to have the pros do it. We are glad we did too because it was crazy to watch the kid struggle to get the staples through the wood. This Brazilian Teak is 3rd from the hardest wood on the hardness scale if that tells you anything. We are so happy with the way it turned out too. I love all of the different colors it has. It should match all of the wood in the house.
Looking toward the front door.

Here are the headers we built for our doors. I love them! It is really hard to tell what they are going to look like since the sides are white and the tops are brown, but I have seen them before and they are really pretty. Just wait until we get some paint on them.


The concrete guys FINALLY came back and finished our cement work. This is a picture of the steps coming out of the french doors in the back. I really love the way they did these with a little bit of a landing. What a great spot to put potted plants.
The other thing we've been doing is prepping for paint and painting. Can I just say that filling holes, caulking, taping and papering is SO boring and never ending. I thought we would NEVER get to paint, but we did finally finish (with blisters to prove it) and start painting. I can't believe the difference it makes in the way things look to have a coat of paint on it. WOW!!












3 comments:
I can't wait to come see it!!! I remember how much work it is to build a home. ugh. It's almost over though!!
Wow!!! Everything looks fantastic!
I just LOVE you hardwood floors! Gorgeous!
Post a Comment