Wednesday, January 14, 2009

House Building Fools

We have been hard at work trying to get our house, and 2 others, ready for shingles, interior doors and windows. Josh is so great to come home from work and go right back again. I never hear a complaint. I go when I can (I totally love it!) and help with whatever I can. Here are a few pics of the recent progress.

I got this AWESOME tool belt from my Father-In-Law for Christmas.  I think it's the greatest thing I've ever seen. It's pretty handy too.
This picture is looking through the kitchen/dining room to the living room and through the master bedroom closet. See what will be the stairway to the basement on the left?
On Saturday, we worked on sheathing the gable ends and doing the over builds on the garage and over one of the front bedrooms. Here we are in progress on the south gable end.
Gable end complete!

These last two are for my dear Mother. Everytime I climb up on the roof or in the rafters I think of her. She'd probably have a heart attack if she came and watched me work. Love you MOM!

This is me helping nail up the fascia board to the outside of the first truss over the garage. It doesn't look as high up as we really were.

Here we are again. Josh, Cole and I, nailing on the barge rafters. "Hi Mom!"



6 comments:

Cam & Nat said...

That looks like so much fun!!! we will have to make a trip up there to see it in real life!!

Shan Reid said...

You guys are making a ton of progess! So exciting... you look great up there Moll!

Amberly said...

I'm glad things are going pretty fast on your house. LOVE the tool belt! Your Christmas pics were cute too, I hadn't seen them yet.

Lisa said...

I cannot believe how fast that is going up! Good job! It looks great! And I do love your tool belt! Is it pink? Sweet!

Kimberly said...

It's exciting to watch it grow.

Anonymous said...

I would freak out if I had to climb up there. You're amazing! And...hot tool belt!